Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why wait until the new year?

Exhibit A.

I'm in a really good mood today! Weird, considering I spent the majority of my weekend behind my laptop, refer to "exhibit A", doing research for a paper! It's all good though, in a couple weeks I'll be bored out of my mind with no homework to do.







Exhibit B
Exhibit B: Doofy pictures that should not be posted on the internet and how loopy I really look after starting at a puter screen for hours.

ANYWAYS...I took a small chunk of days off from lifting after not feelin' it 100% last week..and I came back swingin'. I really didn't feel like I needed a whole week off yet. I decided to switch up my routine to a 4-day split instead of the upper/lower body split I was doing and I started it yesterday. I already feel like this was the best decision ever. Here's what today and yesterday looked like:

Saturday; Shoulders/Triceps:
4 Sets of 12, 10, 8, 6.

  • Seated Shoulder Presses
  • Lateral Raises
  • Reverse Flies
  • Shrugs
  • Skull Crushers
  • One Arm Cable Extensions
  • One Arm Dumb Bell Extensions
  • Dips
Sunday; Back:
4 Sets of 12, 10, 8, 6

  • One Arm Dumb Bell Rows
  • Wide Grip Pull Ups (assissted)
  • Close Grip Pull Downs
  • Deadlifts
  • Face Pulls
  • Bent-Over Barbell Rows
I think I'm going to add deadlifts to my leg days too, because I love them, and it works out because I won't be doing them on consecutive days. Some of the sets I did as pyramid sets, some I didn't. I just go by how I feel and do what I think I'll really be challenging myself with.


So, I'm one of those people who doesn't go by the number on the scale (no one should, scales are misleading bastards!), I measure myself instead.  But after packing on a few pounds since summer, I've stepped away from the tape measure too in order to focus on gaining muscle rather than worrying about numbers. Well, I finally manned up and dusted off the tape measure this morning and it turns out I lost just about an inch in my waist and hips..and my arms have grown an inch and a half! So motivating. This is all since seriously limiting the cardio too (only doing walking 1 or 2 days a week). I'm so glad the bruised legs and arms and torn up, calloused hands have started to pay off :)

After Steveo finished taking ridiculous pictures of me on my laptop, he whipped up a grilled cheese sandwich for himself that he grilled in a sandwich maker that he's been keeping secret from me for years!

With tomato soup for dippin'! The smell of this meal made us both crave chocolate milk like crazy for some reason!











I've been snacking on delicous melons that I keep cut up in the fridge. Yummy.














This is my latest favorite lunch. Pesto Tuna. I mix 1/2 a can of tuna with 1tbsp of mayo and 1tbsp of pesto sauce and toss it on a toasted pita.  I definitely add more veggies than just tomatoes though, I figured I'd snap a pic before it got out of hand though, ha ha.








Those are all my boring ramblings for now...I promise my posts will get more exciting after finals :)

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing and gaining inches where you want them! Your new split sounds great- I love splitting up my body parts so I can give them a nice beating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the workout! I can't workout right now due to some pregnancy complications, but I cannot wait to get back in the weight room in a couple months after I recover from delivery. Love lifting and love seeing other women who do too! :)

    ReplyDelete