Thursday, December 30, 2010

The great protein pancake experiment & Bodymedia.

So, ever since I fell in love with peanut flour and started making these pancakes every other day, I've been itching to find other delicious pancake recipes that up the protein and lower the carbs. (Not that there is anything wrong with good carbs, but I just find I feel better and less blobby with higher protein rather than higher carbs).

Recipe #1: Protein Powder Pancakes
(56g protein!)
  • 1 scoop of protein powder
  • 3/4 cup of egg whites
  • 1/8 cup of peanut flour
  • Cinnamon
  • Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
I now understand what people mean when they say protein powder pancakes come out a bit rubbery.  These werent that rubbery, I liked the texture, they were actually thick like a normal pancake it just took a little more effort to slice pieces off with my fork, ha ha. I will definitely be making these again, but probably upping the amount of flour I used.

Recipe #2: Cottage Cheese Pancakes
(28g protein)
  • 1/2 cup egg whites (or 2 eggs)
  • 1/4 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/8 cup peanut flour
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • Cinnamon
  • Stevia (or sweetener or choice)



They look awful in the picture!! But I had no complaints about the taste, they were just a little bit thin.  Once you load 'em up with butter, syrup and other goodies who cares how ugly and misshaped they are! :)
If anyone has any other ideas for protein pancakes I'd love to hear 'em and try 'em out!


Anyways, I had been looking into different armband devices for a while..debating between a heart rate monitor and the Bodymedia/GoWear Fit, but I never wanted to dish out the dollas for one, so I put the Bodymedia on my Christmas list because I couldn't find one bad review on it.  Well, Santa didn't drop it down my non-existent chimmney (not complaining..I got other great gifts!) so I used the Christmas money I recieved to buy it myself after reading April's posts on hers and being totally convinced.

I wore it all day yesterday and burned 1935 calories (I'm only 5'1"!!). What did I do yesterday? I had a bad migraine so I was in bed the majority of the day!..Aside from the hour I dragged myself to the gym for chest/biceps because I was so anxious to try the thing out, ha. So if that doesn't convince you to start picking up some heavy iron and rev the heck out of your metabolism, then I don't know what will!
I don't miss you one bit, cardio.



Get inspired and go drag out your inner beast!!

This is what I currently jam too while lifting:
Deftones - My Own Summer
Most Precious Blood - Mad as the March Hare
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Avenged Sevenfold - Walk (Pantera cover)
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
All That Remains - Two Weeks
Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop
Five Finger Death Punch - Never Enough
Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party (this one doesn't fit in very well, haha)
As I Lay Dying - 94 Hours

It does a good job keeping me going :)

So, the other night, on the way home from the grocery store, Steve and I decided to stop off and play in the snow with the Jeep...I got stuck!


but a shovel saved the day:

Then I tried to crush a car..
...but failed because it was too slippery. (I had permission don't worry and it was on its way to the junkyard). These shenanigans definitely came up as moderate-vigorous activity on my Bodymedia haha..I barely even got out of the truck. I always joke that driving that thing is a workout in itself..now I have proof!

If I don't get to update tomorrow, have a safe and snazzy New Years! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Girl those are some GREAT RECIPES! peanut flour is AMAZING , isnt it? you can use it with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been wanting to hear about how much you burn! Thanks so much for sharing! Isn't it so much fun to play with??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YES i love me some pancakes girl! DANG you burned a lot of cals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pancake recipes!!!!

    Wow you burned tons of calories!!! You go girl!!!

    I am excited to try my peanut flour, hmmmm in pancakes I think ; )

    ReplyDelete