Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Attack of the food monster!

You know the food monster they used to show in the Weight Watchers commercials?  Yeah, well, he's been living in my closet this week.  See, I love everything about lifting, that's very apparant, except for that whenever I switch up my routine I become ravenous.  I don't mean "Oh I just ate dinner and I'm still a bit hungry" kind of hunger, I'm talking about painful, bottomless pit I-could-eat-a-dump-truck hungry..the kind that sneaks out of nowhere and rips your insides up! It finally subsided today, though, thank god..I'm running out of food! ha ha.

Speaking of new routines, I'm loving my new split. I'm having a blast doing it.

Tuesday: Chest/Biceps;
  • Incline Dumb Bell Chest Presses
  • Chest Flies
  • Bench Press
  • Cable Crossovers
  • Cable Curls
  • Standing Dumb Bell Curls
  • Hammer Curls
...Push ups definitely needed to be added to this! Next time.

Wednesday: Legs;
  • Step-ups
  • Deadlifts
  • Barbell Squats
  • Calf Raises
  • Split Squats
My leg workout was short, it was getting late and I had a paper to get started on! It was still enough to make my legs bruised enough so I couldn't sit with my laptop on my lap! Note to self: get your form right, girl.


I've mentioned before that I'm nothing special in the kitchen, it's just not in me.  I've almost mastered the art of eating healthy when you're a terrible, pressed for time, cheap college student. Here's my favorite things I've munched on so far this week...

I brought this to class with me this morning.  Half a banana + almond butter + honey + cinnamon. Helloooo lover! Good thing I brought a spoon.


















Breaded chicken on top of spinach and red peppers with green beans, mashed sweet taters and ranch for dippin! I used vanilla almond milk to mash the taters. Sounds weird, but it adds an interesting flavor.
















I've been seeing Kind bars pop up everywhere. Mid-food monster I was looking for something new to satiate me and this fruit and nut flavored guy jumped into my palms.

Very yummy and peanut-ty tasting. I'll definitely be buying these again. I want to try the almond and apricot flavor too.











Anyways, after passing my trainer exam last week and realizing it's time to start applying for an internship and jobs, I got really nervous and realized although I know the theory and science behind exercise, I have no idea how to really design an effective program for such a broad spectrum of people! I mean I know everyone has to start somewhere and that this is what the internship is for, but I'm a total worry wart.  Amazon.com has my back though...



They both had rave reviews and I got them for cheap used, so why not. I just needed something to ease my anxiety!

I'm off to catch some sleep, I have a day filled with algebra, christmas shopping and never-ending english homework tomorrow.  In the mean time, check out this guy's burpees..

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that happens to me everytime I switch up my routine lately! It's such a crazy feeling- like if you don't eat fast your going to throw up or something! LOL

    ReplyDelete