The fact that I have doubts means I'm probably not. So that means it's time to clean up :) There's no better feeling in the world than knowing you are at your best (in terms of anything!) so my goal is to be my best ever this year (totally freakin' cheesy, I know). Since I'm so passionate about fitness/health/good eats..that's where I'm going to start because having that area of my life solid and where I want it to be makes me feel the best and gives me confidence to clean up other areas of my life too.
- No more salt! I've already been on this kick for a few weeks. I was the girl who would literally DUMP salt on my food. I did this for years. It was so bad and I had been trying to quit this for a LONG time, but a few weeks ago I said enough is enough and stopped cold turkey. I don't miss it one bit!
- Slow digesting protein before bed. Yeah, I've talked about this before..the fact that I have chow feasts before bed. Nothing wrong with that, it just makes me feel yucky when I'm trying to sleep and bloated when I wake up. I'll be having a glass of delicous chocolate milk before bed and that's it (unless I suddenly fall in love with cottage cheese..)
- No added sugar. Really not that hard since I barely eat anything processed, but still. (And I'm very mindful of the 80/20 rule, there is always room for a treat every so often!)
- ...But no sugar free junk. This was my next step after cutting out salt and it's been going good so far! Nothing with artificial sweeteners! (oh my sugar free syrup...)
- The infamous macros. I just recently started getting really serious about watching mine, I was real lax about them before, but I got curious so I tracked a couple days. This helps keep me in line to make sure I'm getting enough protein and not too much sugar/carbs, etc.
- Try new foods and recipes. This is always on my to-do list.
- Move more. I tend to sit on my butt a lot when I'm home..I mean, a lot. I like to read and relax in front of the computer/tv, which is fine but more often than not I do it too much...I blame winter!!
- Amp up my routine! My split is getting...too mundane and borderline boring. Now that I have my hands on p90x and I've watched it all, I can really see that if followed it's a pretty legit program (which is a lot to say for something from an infomercial..) I don't plan on following it, but there are a lot of new weight training moves in there that I'm going to incorporate into my current routine to spice it up a bit.
- I'm also dying to try Crossfit. I have been for a while, but I can't afford to join another gym at this point, but I'm hoping to try it out sometime soon.
- More plyos, please. When I train people I give them a handful of strength exercises followed by a few minutes of plyos..very beneficial and I want to start doing that myself.
- Focus more. Uh what the heck am I doing with my back in this picture??
Way too rounded and my booty is not out far enough...
That's how it should look. I'm lucky I didn't really hurt myself.
- Be more intuitive. I need to listen to myself more.
- Take better care of my Jeeps. Yeah...I slack on this during winter because I really don't want to crawl under a truck and wrench when it's 7 degrees out. Especially because when you bang your hand on something when it's that cold it hurts 20x worse. Yes, I am a wimp in the cold.
- Be more organized. Write things down, make more lists (yay!), keep my room organized.
- Do more things that scare the shit out of me. I think that the only way to grow as a person is to do things that totally terrify and intimidate you. It's worked for me so far.
- BE HAPPY WITH MYSELF. Seriously. I need to take a step back every once in a while and just be thankful for what and who I am and how far I've come :)
This whole thing sounds strict, but I like challenging myself. I'm a go big or go home kind of gal. Anyone with me?!
- Do you slack more in the winter too?
Winter makes me feel like crap. It makes me want to curl up in bed in big sweat pants and hoodies and eat peanut butter, nap and not move for six months. I'm so much more motivated in the warmer, sunnier months. (We're totally getting another Nor'easter tomorrow....)