Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love and Gators.

What a mushy Monday! Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day :)
I'm usually happy just shrugging off the V-day, but Steve and I like to get geeky about things.  Even though we're technically adults, we opted out of the high-class, candlelit dinner and went out on a lovely little date to the Rainforest Cafe.
The 'sky' is my favorite part.

My lovely date.

Being the sweetheart that he is, Steve ordered some wierd slushie drink just so I could get the snazzy aligator cup that it came in.  I kind of really like gators...to the point where I would totally get in on this:


 I ordered a big house salad. Very boring, but I'll get into that in a second..

We exchanged cards and stuff when we got home..we both decided not to buy eachother anything, but we both ended up buying things anyways.


A homemade card!! Sweetest frickin' thing ever, seriously.  I can't believe he made it, it's so pretty. And a dozen roses. I teared up, I'm such a sap...I also got a new water bottle courtesty of Victoria's Secret. No more bringing gross re-used platic bottles to the gym! Yay!

 So, my bodyfat groove has been going..okay. It's been a week and I'm down almost a full percent already...I was very surprised. Thank god what I'm doing is working.  I've been being very strict because I don't want any setbacks..I want to get this over with as soon as physically possible so I can get back to eating and lifting good.

This is a typical meal. Not exciting at all. The tomatoes..as disgusting and regurgitated as they look are actually delicious..I bake them with some seasoning on top. They come out pretty good.
Each day I've ended up around 170g protein, carbs around 140g and fat around 45g.  I snack on greek yogurt, peanut or almond butter, protein shakes, apples, oranges, berries, almonds and veggies.  So basically what I was eating before, but a lesser amount and a bit more bland. Atleast I still get to eat my protein pancakes...I wouldn't have made it without them.

Oh, who am I kidding? This is how I really feel! 
SOMEONE GET ME A CHEESEBURGER, EXTRA BACON, PLEASE. I have been craving the strangest things lately, I don't even want to get into it haha.  I've been having the whackiest dreams too..every night. So strange how food affects us.
 
Over the weekend, I pulled the rear differential (allows both tires to turn at different speeds around corners) cover on my Jeep to figure out why it keeps making wild popping and banging noises..
Found it! The ring gear has 3 chipped teeth. Booo. I'm probably going to need to get a whole new set of gears.  I also have a bad pinion bearing and a leaking axle seal.  Well, it is a project Jeep...

Me and Steve's Jeeps.  Mine's obviously the one with the pink ;)

Well I'm off to work, I have one client to train and them I'm off to class for the rest of the day.  Not looking forward to class or leaving the house since the windchill is nasty today!

Dirt Talk;
  • When She/He Doesn't Get It. An article from SquatRx about dating someone who isn't into working out.
  • Funny video making fun of Planet Fitness and their unbelievably annoying commercial:
  • I'm looking for a new lifting program to start in a few weeks, preferably a 5 day split..if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. Hey love!!! I love rainforest cafe! Their chocolate lava cake dessert yummy is so good!

    So sweet he made a card and roses yay!!!!!

    Glad you had a wonderful Valentines day!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like homemade cards or hand-written messages more than the gifts usually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're actually getting a planet fitness around us sometime in the not-too-distant-future. I had never heard of it but one of my coworkers was telling me about it. I don't know... I like my privately owned non-commercial gym :)

    AND DONT EAT THAT BURGER! Stay strong! Read the most recent post at http://unblob.blogspot.com for some inspiration

    ReplyDelete